Monday, September 13, 2010

Two new things

My friend Julie mentioned that I should look into The China Study and then five minutes later our friend Donya emails to tell me she is sending me The China Study (Campell and Campbell II) and Eat to Live (Fuhrman). I bought all kinds of dark green vegetables at the farmer's market that were outside my normal comfort level (we go to farmer's market for our fruits and veggies every week anyway) since I don't normally buy kale and bok choy. I have no idea how to cook these things. I do know how to cook beets but I don't know what to do with them RAW.  If any of you have wonderful vegan and vegetarian recipes for me PLEASE post them or email them to me!!

On another note, David is extremely dismayed by my new interest in changing my diet. Here's an email excerpt he sent back to our friend Donya "on the lighter side...Thanks for f*cking up my diet. No more In-N-out or pizza now...I'm betting the China Study doesn't even support Dim Sum!"  This has me in stitches laughing so hard. The China Study doesn't even let you eat Chinese food!!  Funny thing is that is exactly what we had for dinner last night anyway. Oh he is too much sometimes.

My friend Ashley has told me about an article in the New England Journal of Medicine that mentions an Australian study LINKING in vitro fertilization treatments to higher rates of breast and uterine cancer in the first 12 months after exposure.  She is going to send me the article.  I just feel that so deeply within my bones that this is true. I can't wait to read this article. 

It's 7:41 and almost 8AM to call Dr. Funk to see her today and Dr.s McAndrew and Slamon to beg and plead to see them hopefully this week too.

Didn't sleep well at all last night by the way. I hate waking up to remember I have cancer. It's so weird. Guess it's not going away.  Cheers to making things happen this week.  I hope to find out more about tumor type from the patholigist in the next few days. If not, I am going to track him down and squeeze it out of him. 

3 comments:

  1. Dr. McAndrews is the best. She is a really empathetic doctor and knows her stuff. Wishing you complete recovery and the birth of a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jessica: Here is a link to a nice recipe for Apple and Raw Beet salad from foodnetwork.com. Thought you might like it. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/kathleen-daelemans/apple-and-raw-beet-slaw-recipe/index.html
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Rose-Anne
    PS you don't know me but I know LeeJay

    ReplyDelete