Monday, September 13, 2010

I'd like a sense of normalcy

Been on the phone on and off all morning.  Didn't eat breakfast (which for those of you who know me well is a disaster since I usually fuel up with a hearty meal in the AM).  Had a couple bites of kashi cereal. Got Abby dressed to take her to dance class.  Meanwhile David keeps coming in to make sure I am "tackling" my list of phone calls and chimes in when I am talking to people and offers suggestions as to how I should approach my phone calls...I appreciate support but I don't have patience for micro-managers at this point. I worked in Investment Banking and Private Equity and I do have "some" level of attention to detail (I'm being snarky here). He senses my irritation, apologizes and let's me do my thing. Good man. Lack of food and being managed makes me really cranky though... 

I make a few more phone calls before we leave to take Abby to dance class which I am REALLY looking forward to so I can gain some sense of normalcy. David's going to do a conference call during class and then we'll grab some lunch together before we bring Abby home for her nap. On the way there I realize I scheduled an 11AM meeting with our A/V people at the house (which they tell me I *have* to be at for reasons I don't get -- here's the to-do list so please just DO it...).  Anyway, we try to figure out how we can swing the conference call, Abby in dance class and the A/V meeting and realize we have to just turn around and go home. Ugh. This really irks me. Poor Abby. She's in her little outfit and dance shoes saying "dance, dance, dance" when we get pull into the garage at home. Sorry baby, we'll do dance class tomorrow. I can tell she senses the stress right now. She needs to be having fun right now, ugh!

David gets on his call, I talk to the A/V people and go over the to-do list and they get to work.  Why I needed to be here? NO IDEA. Abby's pooped for the fourth time today and I'm getting worried that something is going on with her. She seems a little warm too. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Change her out of dance clothes and go downstairs for some lunch. She has vegetable soup. I'm warming some vegetarian lentil soup and making a salad. David comes in to eat...he makes himself a deli meat melt with pop chips.  Oh boy am I annoyed.  Abby sees the pop chips and screams for some. So now she is inhaling pop chips instead of her soup.  I hide them and tell him not to let her see them puleeeeaaasseee.  He sits in the other room with his lunch. Man this is going to be really, really hard. I have to change my diet and figure out how to do so with a toddler and a grown man who eats like one.  Ya think I don't want a deli melt and some pop chips too?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment