Monday, July 21, 2014

You can put the crystal ball down...

There's nothing like being in limbo. Living your life doing day to day nonsense so you can keep your mind occupied away from life-threatening decisions. Turns out I didn't need my crystal ball because…dun dun duh…Dr. Friedman won't perform the Y90 procedure. He said before I probably could of but it was risky, not the risks are too high that I would lose liver function so that's that. Now my only option is to start the trial (I start pre-screening tomorrow) and see if MD Anderson has anything for me. I go Wednesday night for a Thursday morning appointment. I met with Philomena Friday and she basically told me that if I don't get into a trial and one that works for then there's nothing more that she could do for me. The problem is the liver. It can't handle too much more treatment and same with the bone marrow. Most drugs are metabolized in the liver so that's crappy news. 

For the time being I've still been on my rick simpson hemp oil (I'm at about a half a gram so still ramping up) and unfortunately it masks the pain but it also heightens it at times too. When I'm high dosing on the oil then I get pain in my liver, my bones and elsewhere. I feel as if the hemp oil knows where it needs to attack and then does so within the body. I'll find out tomorrow if I have to drop this for the trial (most definitely). 

Anyway, I haven't been out and about. I've been in my bed most of the day all day each day. The oil makes me out of it but if I don't take the oil then the nausea, swelling and pain are unbearable. I wish I could figure out how to motivate myself to go for a walk outside in fresh air. I just don't know how long I could do it for. I suppose that's what I need to find out. Walk a little each day. Do what I can do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment