Wednesday, September 29, 2010

All Cancer and no Internet makes Jess a mad girl

I haven't had internet since Sunday!  Screw Time Warner Cable. I still can't understand why with all these large homes as potential customers in Brentwood that Verizon can't fork out the dough to expand their Fios network.  But I digress. I have been in our attic crawl space three times already which isn't too comfortable to do while smuggling large honeydew melons and a giant basketball under your shirt. I don't recommend trying it. Anyway, for some reason it is working at this very moment EVEN though the druids from TWC won't be here to "fix" my connectivity problem until Thursday afternoon. 

Speaking of, it's 7:22 in the AM and little Miss Abby is still sleeping. Very nice.

For a quick update I am generally feeling little side effects. Knock on wood. No mouth sores, no GI issues, no nausea. The biggest issue is fatigue. I start out the day energized and then after being with Abby in the morning, feeding us and the dogs and the fish breakfast and changing out of pajamas I have zero energy. When I walk upstairs my legs feel like lead and I run out of breath if I try to go to fast.  That being said, I did try to nap for an hour Monday but got frustrated that my brain wouldn't cooperate with my body so I instead got up and walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes. It really helped. Yesterday though, with all the appointments, I didn't get to do that but need to find TIME to do so going forward!

Today is Wednesday, September 29th. I am going to take Abby to her Cassidy Toddler Class and then I am going to try to make prenatal Yoga at 12:30.  The teacher, Alex, is a really peaceful and relaxing person and I need to be around that.

Yesterday I finally saw Dr. Tabsh. I made the mistake of thinking that appointment was Monday but thankfully I called to confirm (after waiting around all morning for the appointment). Anyway, he said "Peanut is Perfect" and tracking way ahead of schedule. He also said that whomever is talking to me about getting an amnio so I can try to deliver earlier than 36 weeks is wrong. He said I can get to 36 weeks and deliver and that is that. No need for amnio and no need to rush, plus Peanut will be a big baby so we don't have to worry too much he says.  Whew.

Yesterday was really stressful though. I have got to figure out how to manage all these appointments. Dr. Tabsh always runs late. My appointment was at 12:30 and I saw him at 2:30 (although since I call to check in I actually only waited about a half hour in the office, complete with a filtration mask and tons of hand washing and hand sanitizing while I was at the hospital, I'm sure people thought I had the plague). I ended up having to reschedule my therapy appointment for 5pm but had forgot that I was supposed to meet Marty, our designer (so I can punt off the rest of the nursery and other house related items to do) at 4pm. I really forgot this which upset me because it was really important...ugh, I am claiming cancer brain and pregnancy brain. If I don't put things in my blackberry calendar I am lost... Basically, lots of driving around, no nap, rushing, and shuttling between offices stressed me out and STRESS feeds my tumor. BAD. That stressed me out even more...

While waiting in Dr. Tabsh's office I started glancing through the book Life Over Cancer and was learning about stress, meditation, exercise, and supplements that target estrogen receptor positive tumors. I need to get with Lorraine ASAP so she can help me upload the meditation CD's and teach me how to meditate, plus I just love hanging out with her anyway.  She's very calming.

I realize that there is so much information out there and I have just scratched the surface. I told Pam, my therapist, yesterday that I feel like I'm back in college and I walked into one of my most difficult classes and the professor says "POP QUIZ!" and I realize I haven't studied all semester and oh by the way, it's in Latin which I've never studied before, and pass the quiz or you'll get kick out of Cal but no pressure since you have to keep your heart rate below 85.  I am in a race and I just want to figure out to SLOW things down to make them more manageable.  I think getting on top of my schedule and delegating tasks is the right start. I feel I have to get all my ducks in a row so I can prepare for the worst case scenario (in terms of side effects of course, I haven't had too many of THOSE kind of dark thoughts, so don't worry).  I understand that I may feel OK right now but that this is just the beginning; that the Chemo is cumulative on my body and I want to be prepared for that. 

Hmmmm, fresh pressed veggie juice (kale, beets, ginger, carrots, apple, celery, cucumber) and toast with peanut butter aren't enough for breakfast for me this morning so I'm off to make an egg. Then take Abby to class. Then get to Yoga. Then relax this afternoon...  (Oh but will also call Time Warner and Air Conditioner Guys again...).

OMG, last night Kristen came over with Indian food, which I do not know how to eat. I asked her to educate me. She ordered the most delicious dishes (all vegetarian except for my Chicken Tikka Masala, I need the protein remember?) and I am in love.  Tasty.  David doesn't like Indian food, or so he says, not sure he's actually tried it though.  It's worth the hastle to get him to try it. Seriously, it was delicious and healthy. We talked for a while then watched Glee. That was a great night. Thanks to my beautiful friend Kristen for doing that so impromptu.  I needed to just hang out for a bit even though I stayed up past my bed time!  Ha ha.

Alright, I'm finally leaving for class!

No comments:

Post a Comment