Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oh, what a night!

So...it has to be some kind of stomach bug. She was up again at 11 then midnight then 1AM. She just had to get it all out. Made the mistake of giving her a big glass of water after the first time (thought you had to keep kids hydrated) but Dr. Sears says for the first 4 hours after the first projectile vomit (nice visual, right?) you shouldn't give them anything so they can get it all out of their system. Oops. Thankfully this is the first time in her 21 months that I've had to deal with any kind of stomach sickness so I am still counting my lucky starts. Finally around 1AM she got to the dry heaves and all was well.  Changed her sheet and pad about 3 times and decided to instead layer old hospital blankets (thought David was crazy for taking these) and layers of extra sheets on top of her now partially cleaned shag rug (note to self to send that out for cleaning ASAP) and I get my pillows and we have a slumber party. Miraculously, given the day I've had, I'm wide awake and full of energy. I'm excited to roll around on the floor with her, cuddle and watch her sleep. I think I am just learning to be grateful for every minute I have on this earth. But boy does that put a lot of pressure on -- to really, truly live each day to the fullest. No option to be lazy and take a day off!

My body still wakes me up around 6:30 but I lay very still and watch her sleep and adjust her sleep position. Too cute. I *try* to go back to sleep but just lay there until she wakes up around 8:00.  She looks confused. She walks to the closed door and says "BLUE"! She wants her blue lovey that was in the dryer. She didn't miss a thing. By the way if you don't have extra "lovies" around for your kid I suggest you do so that if they puke all over the current one you can just keep switching them out. She has three ivory lovies but I found Ben's blue one in a box a while back and so, of course, her favorite is blue.

She has toast, applesauce and banana and some water and seems to be just fine. I have flaxseed toast with organic peanut butter and make myself a fresh veggie juice of cucumber, apple, carrot, kale, and beet.  It actually tastes delicious. I'm sure I put too much of the sweeter stuff but I'll get there! Thanks Ashley for my juicer, who got it for us as a wedding gift!

Call Dr. Tabsh, my previous high-risk MFM (maternal fetal medicine) doctor, to make an appointment. He delivered the twins. LVM for Judy at the front desk telling her the good and bad news. Boy they aren't going to believe it since they were already so upset for us about Ben. Dr. Funk suggested I get back with him since they want to actively monitor Peanut while I undergo Chemo and will need to do an Amnio to schedule early delivery somewhere between 32-35 weeks. I don't like that idea. I am adamant about 36 weeks. Abby and Ben were born at 36.5 weeks and thankfully were 6lbsozs and 5lbs14ozs respectively and did not need the NICU. Dr. Tabsh is conservative which will work well for me in that regard. Also, when I got home from yesterday's appointments I had another bill from Dr. Daly's office for $1,300.  I've already paid about $7,500 out of pocket. So even though I really like Dr. Daly given the new status and my required more aggressive monitoring going forward I am going to have to switch. The bills I keep getting make the switch that much easier. I mean seriously!  Dr. Tabsh took my insurance and I loved him. But you don't go to a MFM unless you need to so...

Called the Tao of Wellness. The receptionist had a consult available with Dr. Mao in mid-October so I explained my situation and she's now squeezing me in tomorrow at noon. Accupuncture, herbal medicine and nutrition.

Also going to see a nutritionist, Derek at New Metabolism next Tuesday at 1:30. Thank you Maggie and Matt! I really need some help navigating the diet and all the conflicting information. I'm sure Dr. McAndrew's office will have some input as well...

Off to take Abby to her "wellness" appointment. Poor baby.

P.S. I apologize for any typos in my blog entries but I'm trying to do it quickly so you'll just have to get over it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment