Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yo Adrian!! I did it!

Cue - Rocky Theme Song here....Remember how I had said in an older post that I wanted to try to power through this treatment and period in my life?  Well in some ways that is holding true.  I'm like freaking Rocky Balboa.  I am making myself feel better.  OK, my last post was soooooo Debbie Downer. I am not a downer personality generally but I do have some moments. Anyway, today was a good day.  Things are looking better and I am feeling better since my last post.

Friday I took Abby to her class at Wilshire Boulevard and she had a great time. Somehow I managed to avoid her eating cupcakes. Amaaaaazing. She had some challah and then wanted to leave the table to go play and by doing so left before the dreaded cupcakes arrived. Miracle.  I do not understand how parents use any little excuse to give their toddlers sugar like that, it was the end of the "session" but adult sized cupcakes aren't the best way to say "party" in my opinion. At least make them the little mini cupcakes.  Everything we eat in America is already oversized so I can't even imagine the actual grams of sugar in one of the larger size frosted cupcakes that these little pint sized toddlers were eating in class. Yikes!!  Thankfully Abby is a great eater. Today she was munching on broccoli, grilled chicken, and sweet potato fries like candy with a side of sunomono cucumber salad.  Then I was cleaning up some sunflower sprouts I got from the farmer's market and she was munching on those. Love that girl!    The only huge question I have though is even though she doesn't have too much sugar she is still bouncing off the walls. What a handful. She's like a bunny rabbit.  Hop hop hop all day long!

After class we came home and took a nap.  I took a two hour nap.  It was great.  I did not get to exercise Friday but that nap was delicious and well deserved.  So on to today....I woke up at 6am and then Abby was up at 6:30.  Two days ago when I got home from Ballet I asked Abby where she wanted to go to lunch and she screams "Nate n Al's"!!  Clear as a bell.  Nate N Al's and "bagel"!!!  Too funny.  I told her I wasn't going to drive all the way to Beverly Hills at lunch time.  So this morning I was determined to take her to Nate N Al's.  We got ready in a flash...this was also Leo's first trip to Nate N Al's.  David had an 8:30AM call in the office so we took separate cars then sped over there to see Glo-glo (our waitress Gloria).  It worked out nicely.  Leo was fine in the car until the last 2 minutes before I parked. Great timing.  Then the car seat fit nicely into the booth. I was eating my egg white veggie scramble and latke with one hand while feeding Leo the bottle with the other. David was managing hand to hand combat with Abby.  Then we scooted out of there in no time flat. David went to the office and I went home, handed the baby to Aggie and then took Abby to dance class.

After dance class we went to Susie's house to drop off some goodies then we had lunch at Cafe Vida where David joined us.  Then another two hour nap for moi. Yummy.  Then I got to go for a run solo!  No taking the dogs or taking Abby in the stroller. It felt so weird.  I got to use my ipod. Yeaaahhhh! I ran around BCC like Rocky Balboa.  I was on fire. I felt like I was running 50 miles an hour and was full of fire in my belly.  Here's my playlist - Daft Punk's - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger; Grandmaster Flash - White Lines; Public Domain - Operation Blade; Trans X - Living on Video; Scooter - Move Your Ass; Fatboy Slim - Love Island; Paul Johnson - Get Get Down.  Some oldies and goodies. Hard care shake your ass music. Felt really good.  I ran BCC in 20 minutes so David said I was doing 9 minute miles which is really good for bald, fat and crazy me.  Yo Adrian, I did it!!!!

There may be something to this "powering through" idea I have but I don't want to jinx anything.  I'm still taking things one day at a time.  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment