Monday, February 7, 2011

Here we go again!

I'm here at tower with the lovely jeanne robinson. I'm waiting to get the infusion. My blood counts were perfect according to my amazing nurse Pia (although we're still waiting for my blood chemistry to come back, and that includes testing my FSH for Dr. Daly).  Not sure why I need to test my FSH but I'm sure it's because Dr. Daly is convinced I will conceive a child while on Chemo.  Don't call me pessimist but I just highly doubt that will happen.  How can my ovaries produce quality eggs while on this toxic crap?

I want to say something.  I had an epiphany over the last two days.  I want to say that I'm not scared anymore.  I think the reality of my scans being clear is finally sinking in.  I'm not going to die from breast cancer.  I'm just going to have a shitty year and be annoyed to have to deal with this treatment. So for now I'm just content to have my infusion and be thankful for this amazing medicine and technology.  When I'm done with this I am going to write a book explaining how this all works, where the drugs come from, how they were developed, how the technology is advancing, etc. I'm fascinated. I mean seriously. Amazing. Just amazing.  Maybe I can go to medical school.  I think I might be missing some brain cells though to be able to receive, process and retain all the information.

No comments:

Post a Comment