Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Looking brighter!

So...Abby was up last night at 2AM and at 4AM.  The first time she was just screaming for me and standing up in her crib so I rocked and cuddled her for about 10 minutes then she wanted back in bed. Then the second time she just cried out but when I went to see what was wrong she was cuddling her lovies and putting herself back to sleep so I didn't touch her!

5:30AM I was up to get back to the hospital to see Leo.  As I started getting ready I noticed my nose was running.  Correction. My nose was bleeding. My first Chemo induced bloody nose. Congratulations!!! I suppose this means Dr. McAndrew and Angela were right.  It wasn't a good idea for me to have the Chemo infusion yesterday.  I'm glad it didn't happen even though I still have the anxiety from not having my treatment and continuing with the plan.  I was thoroughly exhausted yesterday.  For me, it is still possible even though I feel horrible to keep pushing myself.  I probably shouldn't do that but I can't stop myself.  My kids need me and I'm not going to go take a nap when Leo's in the hospital or Abby hasn't seen me all day and is waking up from her nap.  It's just not going to happen.

Leo is doing much, much better.  He has color. He is alert. He has a great appetite. He's smiling and being active. They just took him off the oxygen at 10AM this morning.  They are still monitoring him but Dr. Gordon is hinting that he will go home tomorrow.  I am pushing for today.  There is less and less for them to suction and his coughing spells where he can't breathe are fewer and fewer.  I would like all of us to be back home plus David is traveling today so there will be less hands on deck.  I really feel that it will just be better at home on all levels.

I went ahead and kept my acupuncture and tuina massage appointment with Dr. Kumiko.  I am so glad I did.  I feel really good right now.  I have energy and I feel invigorated.  I was feeling a little light headed and sometimes dizzy when I stood up or moved somewhere to quickly. I have been having dull headaches. Not to mention just feeling super run down and tired (part of that was not sleeping Saturday night and yesterday I felt so tired my teeth hurt).  All of these symptoms are of course manageable and easy to ignore when you are running around trying to take care of a toddler and a newborn so I don't care much BUT it sure is nice when you don't have them too.  Thank you Tao of Wellness!

I asked Dr. Kumiko what I should be doing in her opinion to "heal" my blood.  I also told her I am trying to figure out how to balance the kids, exercise and sleep.  She said that sleep AND rest are important but exercise is also important.  She said I should be doing exercise like hiking and walking, tai chi or chi gong outside, something with meditation like yoga if I can.  I have no idea why I can't get back on the yoga bandwagon.  I use to love it.  Now the thought of going to a 1.5 hour class that takes 2 full hours away from the kids just doesn't seem doable at this point.  Will someone please come up with a 1 hour yoga class?!?!  I need to find an instructor to come to the house on a Sunday to do yoga with David and I.  And maybe incorporate Abby in there too.  That would be really nice.  If you know of a great instructor please email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment