Friday, February 11, 2011

TGIF?

I am always worried about the weekends. For one, we have less help. For two, David wants to be so helpful but he can't do a lot of the stuff as well as one of our nannies (it's a practice not a wanting issue) particularly where the baby is concerned.  I think he's afraid to hurt him because he's so little.  That or he really, really just doesn't want to change poopy diapers.  Anyway, this week went by very quickly.  

Leo's poor cold is the pits.  He cries in the most pathetic way, it makes me so sad. He sounds hoarse and dehydrated BUT he is drinking milk constantly so he can't truly be dehydrated.  He is just very congested.  I am amazed at the fact that Abby, who was also born in December in cold and flu season, didn't get a cold until after she was a year old.  I'm telling you folks. Mothers, breastmilk and anitbodies are very important.  We have breast milk from our wonderful donor Ursula and she is a pillar of health.  I don't think she's had the cold that is plaguing Los Angeles at the moment though.  Fortunately for Leo, Michaeline, our other breast milk donor HAS had the cold and flu and she's bringing over some milk for him this morning.  Amen. 

Thankfully, Leo's cold is the only thing that concerns me at the moment.  I am just fine.  I have been going for walks in the afternoon with Abby. I even did the adult ballet class with Christina yesterday.  I kid you not, I am the fattest, baldest, ugliest and most uncoordinated woman in the class but I didn't care.  It was hard. Mentally and physically for me.  Christina, who is a beautiful, petite ex-model who still looks like one, was a little ballerina and could follow along since she has studied dance. While I, on the other hand, only tried it out for a semester when I was young; then I got some weird growth in my toe and had to have surgery.  It was a benign tumor in my big right toe.  I wasn't too interested in ballet after that.  Anyway....Christina summed it up perfectly.  Ballet isn't just an exercise class.  You actually have to use your brain.  You have to count, you have to memorize the moves, you have to suck in your belly, lower your shoulders, hold out your arms, flip out your legs, pat your head and rub your tummy all at the same time.  You literally can't think about anything else.  Your mind can't stray from the task.  Could be the perfect work out for me at the moment.  The women in class were all wonderful saying I should keep it up.  I'm sure they just felt sorry for me since I was obviously so horrendous!!  I'll go again next week.  I like to torture myself.

Shabbat Shalom.  This morning is Abby's class at Wilshire Boulevard with Miss Eeevvvvvaaaaaaahhh.  It's a great class and she and I both really enjoy it.  I'm glad I can enjoy it with her in good health.

I stopped taking the Prilosec and my stomach isn't hurting anymore.  I think the magic from Dr. Mao's acupuncture is working.  Fingers crossed for this evening and weekend.  Saturday morning last week for me was difficult.  I am guessing that won't be the case.  Thank you acupuncture and thank you steroids and thank you vitamins and supplements.  Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment