Monday, February 21, 2011

And now for another installment of...

the breast cancer lady.  That is a direct rip off one of my favorite stories - The Laughing Man in the book Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger.  It's a good one.

I am sitting at Tower Oncology and my counts are good.  I'm almost done with my taxol and now my favorite nurse Pia is giving me the Carboplatin (30 minutes more max she is promising me until I am done).  I am so sad because after I saw Dr. McAndrew on Monday she got a call that her 47 year old brother passed away and she flew home to her family back east.  Her brother was the primary caretaker of their mother and two days after he passed away their mother passed away. I don't have any of the details but what terrible news. What a travesty. I am in disbelief.  How horrible to have to lose two close family members in one week. I can't even imagine. My prayers are with her family.

This morning my friend the "New" Vizhier picked me up.  I say new because she got a new sassy haircut with thick carpet bangs.  Hot!  And now Kristen is here to pick me up.  Kristen is a hot blond with amazing style.  And then here I am...gosh, I hate feeling like the ugly duckling.  But I digress, I lost the two pounds I gained from last week.  Although to be very honest I'm not too worried about the weight.  I think since I am working out I am also putting on muscle mass which I am positive I lost while pregnant and not working out.  What's the saying? Nine months up and nine months down to lose the baby weight?  Sounds realistic to me.  For now I'm just trying to get fit slowly and enjoy myself doing it. Hence the odd ballet classes and random exploration of different exercise options. Tai Chi anyone?  I'm looking forward to my acupuncture and tuina session tomorrow with Dr. Kumiko and then ballet class afterwards.  Then lunch with Abby and naptime.

I asked Pia about the steroids. She said that they would make me hyper and that they last for 2 days max. Well, now I know the truth.  I asked if maybe I should do a little less?  She said that I am already getting the lowest dose.  I am just very sensitive to the stuff apparently.  'Roids, man!!  LOL.

1 comment: