Friday, November 19, 2010

Wonderful things...

This has been a full week but many nice things have happened.

I finally met Annie (thank you Deena), a beautiful mother of two boys who is another "pregnant with breast cancer" survivor.  Her story is very inspirational.  She drove up here to see me from Newport! She is an eight year survivor with two recurrences but is now completely cancer free.  The incredible strength of the survivors I have met really keeps me going.  Annie had just moved to Newport Beach with her husband and 7 year old son from New York and just like me thought she had a blocked milk duct while pregnant with her second child.  They were living in a hotel.  She TOOK A TAXI to her mastectomy which she had to endure while AWAKE.  Awake.  I can't get over it.  Then she did all the treatment during and after pregnancy to get better.  Her tumor was ER+ just like mine.  AND she has no family history, breastfed her son for three years, was a vegetarian, didn't touch alcohol, she was incredibly healthy and this still happened.  We both can't figure out why. Why her?  Why me?  Thank you Annie for coming to see me.  Abby loved Annie. Annie is good people and Abby knew it. She kept taking her hand and leading her all over the house.  Too cute.

I'm getting a little more energy which is a good sign because it means I should be a "go" for next week's Chemo.  My LAST session of FEC-100 before the baby is born and my big break to recover and bond with Peanut.  As I've stated before I'm not in a rush to have him yet for the variety of reasons but I am also very much looking forward to meeting him.  My precious little Peanut.

OMG. So I thought we were settled on a name and then David comes home after a week in Vegas and pushes that name to the middle name.  Oy.  We'll see what happens because at this point I'm settled on the name and I've been calling the baby that and it's stuck... Ha ha.  Want a hint? :)

I promised Ann I would rest starting November 1st.  Ugh. I haven't done it enough still.  I'm a little less crazy than I was before but still not resting enough.  And Sue is lovingly on my case about it too.  They are both right. I DO NEED TO REST.  When I get up I feel like the baby is pressuring down and we all know that I need to keep him in there.  The only way to do that is to rest.  I'll try scheduling that in...

I met Dr. Jay Gordon yesterday and all his wonderful staff including Jennifer, his lactation consultant. Both were fabulous.  I had actually spoken with Jennifer when the twins were born since I didn't think I was producing enough milk.  Nice to put a face with the name.  Then it turns out that Dr. Gordon's wife Meyera I know since they were our neighbors when we lived in Santa Monica while we built this pig of a house. I always went over there with Charlie for doggy play dates.  Small world.  He and Myra had sent me a touching card when Ben passed away.  I never forgot that.  Anyway, had a nice conversation with him and I know that even though he's going to be more dough he is going to be a very strong advocate for Peanut and Abby.  This is what I need to give me some peace of mind.  I can reach him my email and by cell anytime, day or night, any day of the week.

Dolores from Dr. Daly's office called to apologize for the rude phone call I got.  I am to ignore the bills just like Dr. Daly said and anything we get from insurance endorse over to the office.  Sounds generous and more than fair to me considering how much work Dr. Daly is doing.  Beazy is a super star.

THINGS TO DO:

Today - WBT class with Abby (finally...haven't gone all session); check up and ultrasound with Dr. Daly,  Harry Potter with Ashley, Shabbat Shalom, Dinner with David and Abby

Next week-
Mail in 3 other preschool applications
REST
Finalize baby's nursery with Sue
REST
Call the Moyel for Peanut's Bris
REST
Mani/pedi and lunch or tea with Kristen (birthday girl) this weekend
REST
Hire the second nanny
REST
Get in research mode on the plastic surgeon (will be next major goal after hiring the nanny)
REST
Fill out super lengthy questionnaire from the Block Center for a consult with Dr. Block
REST
Chemo, 4th round and hydration
REST
Pick up art, diplomas from framers (very excited about this)
REST
Eat turkey with cranberry sauce
REST

No comments:

Post a Comment