Sunday, November 14, 2010

Slippery Slope

I have zero energy. That's why I haven't posted for a few days. I have about 3 energy spurts a day and those are spent dealing with Abby, the lovable little must-do-everything-myself-or-if-I-don't-get-my-way-will-scream-like-a-banshee-yet-must-explain-and-negotiate-everything-with-me-or-else princess.  She really fatigues me but then I feel guilty when I'm not with her.  The cycle is vicious.  I am pushing myself so much these days.  I have to. I am having a hard time letting "things" go.  Stupid Type A and control freak personality, what a curse.  It was very helpful before, now not so much.

Anyway, what's new?  Saw Angela Thursday after talking to Dr. McAndrew on Wednesday night.  My hemoglobin is the lowest it's been thus far in my treatment.  She says it explains the fatigue.  That my HGB is very low, low for a cancer patient and low for a pregnant woman, so doubly low for me which isn't great.  No idea how to fix that.  It's not like you can take a vitamin or supplement for that.  Other than that I checked out fine. No mouth sores. No other issues.  The other issue I mentioned was gone too.  Angela looked at the Calendar and said she doesn't want me to have the baby until the week of December 13th (Abby's birthday)...Sure, I'll hold him in until then no problem.  As if I could control it but YES....there is this timing issue.  Will the baby want to come out?  Will I get that last round of Chemo in? If I do and the baby decides to come early how my body handle it?

Forgot to mention I had seen Dr. Daly the previous day, Wednesday impromptu since she wanted to see me before I saw Dr. Tabsh on Friday.  She said that Peanut looks and sounds great.  My cervix isn't too soft and I'm not dilated at all yet so she didn't think I would have a problem keeping him in there until 36-37 weeks.  I told Angela that and she kind of smiled and said, "OK, then just not before the 13th"... I'm sure it's because I look very big.  The rest of me is small but my belly is rather large.  Susan, the sonographer said I am carrying a large baby (he's still in the 78th percentile and tracking two weeks ahead) plus I have ample fluid so that means I carry big.  Most people think I'm due any minute not in a month.  Shocking, I know...but it's probably because I carried twins in there before that my uterus can handle it.  I'm hoping to get to 37-38 weeks.  The more I think about it the more stressed I get because babies are SO much easier when they are INSIDE the womb.  Am I right?  Once this baby comes then there's the crying, the feeding, the changing, the holding, and more plus the juggling and balancing a two year old's feelings in that whole mix.  I'm not in a rush!!!

Slippery slope, the title of this post is due to my diet...As Lindsey told me yesterday, once you start to cheat it's just a slippery slope to keep doing it.  True.  BUT I have been craving a burger and fries for a month.  Ask poor David and Kristen.  I probably email them once a day asking for a burger and everyone keeps telling me no.  I finally broke David down (even though, ahem, he had in-n-out for lunch on Wednesday) to go to the Apple Pan with me for a lunch date Friday.  Seriously, when they say something is orgasmic, that is what it was.  Hickory burger with cheese and fries.  Went down so smooth. PLUS we shared coconut cream pie and chocolate cream pie.  HEAVENLY!  The weirdest thing is that I have been having bad heart burn lately.  We walked out of there and David wanted one of my tums but I felt so amazing I didn't need anything.  Doubly odd is that my heartburn isn't as bad as it was since eating that burger.  Thank you Apple Pan.  I love you.

Friday after my burger and a nap I went to see Dr. Tabsh for my ultrasound.  As I've stated already, Peanut is 78th percentile which means he is tracking 2 weeks ahead.  He said that he already weighs 5lbs 9ozs.  That freaked me out a bit... When Dr. Tabsh walked in he looked at me funny and said "what did you do to your hair?" --I was wearing my Piny wig and all the nurses liked it.... I told him it was a wig and he said, let me see your head. I took it off and he said "you have a nice head, you look better without the wig"!  I kept it off the rest of the ultrasound.  Here are some tidbits from Dr. Tabsh.  For the second time he told me to go with Dr. Guiliano for my surgery.  He's simply the best he said. That didn't help since I am now having mixed feelings about Dr. Funk since she made that comment about not telling me the amount of cancerous-looking lymph nodes (more than 4 she said).  Shouldn't it be my decision how to handle the news?  Second, the baby is large and he was concerned it would come soon. I told him Dr. Daly wanted to me to see him again at 36 weeks and he laughed and said "Fine, come see me in 3 weeks if you are still pregnant".  GREAT.  Third, when I told him, no, reminded him that I was stage 3 and had more than 1 positive lymph node he had this pained looked of concern on his face.  He didn't like that.  He said it just didn't make sense. I was so healthy, so young, no family history, and for it to come on so sudden and so strong.  Tell me about it.  I told him I thought it was due to the fertility drugs and he said he didn't think so...but I told him my tumor was ER positive and grew so quickly within a few years and he seemed to buy my argument.

What else?  Oh yeah, interviewed four candidates thus far in the nanny search.  These people are all highly qualified, can cook, can manage more than one child, can manage a house.  I want them to start yesterday.  A few more interviews and then someone can get started by December 1st if not sooner.  With the level of energy I have it will make a huge difference.

Will start this week with the plastic surgeon research and appointment making assuming I feel up to it. Going to meet Annie, another amazing pregnant with breast cancer survivor Tuesday which will be very nice. Even if we just sit and stare at each other for a while it will be so nice to meet her.   Monday, Mr. Babyproofer is coming to finalize things in Peanut's room.  The honeycomb blackout shades were installed on Friday and look great.  Another box to check! Plumber has to come AGAIN this week.  Contractor coming to reinstall those horribly alarming piercing door alarms for all those french doors leading to the pool.  Abby can unlock and open doors now so we can't take a chance. Acupuncture Thursday. Dr. Daly again Friday.  Feng Shui expert to come next Monday too.  Next Tuesday will be round 4 of Chemo then hydration Wednesday.  Everything is going by so quickly!!

Oh, we've decided on a name for the baby but I'm not going to tell you all just yet.  SORRY!!!  We're still finalizing it so probably won't announce it until he's born but this name in my head has just stuck and I've actually got David on board too... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment