Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Big Sigh of Relief

I finally talked to Dr. McAndrew last night just before bed.  She had talked to Dr. Funk and she said that Kristi (Dr. Funk) was in error because she thought I was just about to receive my fourth round of Chemo and would already be able to tell the effects of the 3rd round. BUT I just had the 3rd round so it's still a little early.  That being said, Dr. McAndrew is very optimistic she says about the results.  She said that if I wasn't responding the tumor would be growing but instead it IS shrinking.  She is happy with my current FEC-100 cocktail and with my progress.  She is pleased with the lymph node reaction as well.  She told me to just take a big deep breath.

The plan is still:
  1. Continue with 4th round of Chemo (Thanksgiving week)
  2. Delivery after short Chemo break
  3. Recover from C-section and bond with Peanut for 3 weeks
  4. Peanut WILL get to be breastfed for at least a month by moi
  5. Scans and tests 3 weeks after delivery
  6. Start 2nd round of Chemo with the Taxol for 4 sessions
  7. After Taxol, lumpectomy, reduction, lift, tug, pull, etc.
  8. Radiation
This seems much more tolerable. I think the Taxol (if I am similar to Sharon) will be done weekly for a month and then be done. It is pretty hardcore though.  But it makes it seem like I will actually need to schedule my surgery fairly quickly. Time to hop on the plastic surgeon radar and start interviews!!

No comments:

Post a Comment