Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cry me a river.

I just had a great cry in case anyone thought I was holding things in. (Grandma that means you :) Believe me I don't and I won't.  It's 10:45 and I finally got Abby out of the house and off to the Park with Agnes. Agnes has great intentions but it's clear she doesn't have enough toddler experience.  I am resolved because David and I talked last night and we are going to hire an additional full-time person rather than just a morning person.  I wasn't thinking clearly when I decided to just get coverage for Abby but not for the baby.  Who was going to be with the baby all day, me? And at the same time go to Chemo, Hydration, Acupuncture, the Hospital for scans and tests...etc. etc.  Clearly that was a moment of pure Pregnancy or Chemo brain!  But yesterday's news from Dr. Funk woke me up to the fact that I may not continue to have such a "tolerable" experience fighting cancer.

Anyway, now that I have some alone time I had time to read Sharon's blog. Scroll all the way down to "Just another Manic Monday" post. The entry was from right after she gave birth to Baron and had to start round 2 of Chemo with the more aggressive drug Taxol.  I started crying reading about her struggle to want to be with her newborn, breastfeeding him for the last time, and then starting the more aggressive treatment.  She's a very brave and courageous woman.  She is my role model and I am very thankful to have her in my life. She was the first person I called when I got home from Dr. Funk yesterday so I could compare notes and ask questions. I'm happy that she is my go-to resource but sad for her that she went through this too.

No comments:

Post a Comment