Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hallelujah!!

No more Chemo!  I did my last Chemo infusion yesterday and today was my last hydration.  No one will be poking my port anymore.  I can have it removed at my mastectomy.  I AM THRILLED!!!  I am also thrilled to report that I did not have to have the "shot"...I was scheduled to get it but I asked Dr. McAndrew if it was truly necessary and she said since it was my last one that I could skip it. SUPER DUPER THRILLED!!  I know the steroids are starting to wear off but I am feeling pretty good so far. Acupuncture this morning helped too.  And the fact that I am in a positive mood and good spirits I believe is going to get me through this hard part over the next few days.

I have a ton more things to update on after my meeting with Dr. McAndrew but I'm really tired so I'll try to post again soon. The biggest update is that my surgery could be as soon as three weeks. However, I'm still trying to get into see Dr. Hayden's work (her before and after photos) and discuss her strategy for the surgery. I've left two messages so far and I'm getting anxious. I want that surgery date scheduled. It will make me relax that much more to know when it will be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment