Friday, March 11, 2011

More of the same

I haven't been out of bed for the past two days. I do not think it is the Chemo, I think it is the Nuelasta shot. Apparently they call it the "SHOT" for a reason.  I feel like a bus ran over my legs.  I missed my first ballet class yesterday but there was just no way I could tackle it.  It's annoying.  The only way to describe the bone pain is to imagine runner's shin splints but it's the bones that are aching not the muscle. Then there's the general fatigue that has kicked in.  I want to find out if I really have to have this shot.  I can't speak for my white blood cells but I think I've handled Chemo so far just fine without it.

I've been having some nice bonding time with Leo since all I can do is lay around the house.  Here is an adorable video of him in his USC outfit...this is all he has until I can find a Cal Bears outfit.  Go Trojans, no...Go Bears!!  He is so delicious and he loves to flirt with me.  It keeps my spirits up!



I think I'll go soak in an epsom salt bath to relieve some of the pain.  Fingers crossed for a better weekend!!  The weather is absolutely gorgeous here.  It is hard to believe there was an 8.9 earthquake in Japan that caused a tsunami large enough to effect our coastline.  Mother nature is unrelenting. I'm saying a prayer for the Japanese people.  Puts my cancer struggle into perspective.  Let's be thankful.

2 comments:

  1. this video made me soooo happy. in the midst of all of this you made this wonderful, chunky, happy little angel. love him and you! livestrong lady and keep winning like the f-18 you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie "Warlock" SheenMarch 13, 2011 at 12:03 AM

    You borrow my brain for five seconds and just be like dude, can't handle it, unplug this bastard. It fires in a way that is, I don't know, maybe not from this terrestrial realm. When you've got tiger blood and Adonis DNA, it's like, get with the program dude.

    ReplyDelete