Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Son of a Biscuit

Well it's 7:45 and both babies are down for the night and the husband is on a plane so...that means I get to do WHATEVER I want!  Woo hoo.  Live it up.  (or lay in bed and watch American Idol (I heart Steven Tyler and boy, I love me some Motown) and type out my blog...)

The Son of a Biscuit reference refers to the fact that my stupid hair is starting to fall out again. WTF. So close to the end. I was starting to get a cute pixie cut. Or maybe not. Sharon told me she thought I looked like Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry. Ummmm, thanks?!?!  But seriously, Abby has started to run her fingers through my hair when I rock her to sleep and it is so cute, but tonight I had to stop her for fear she would accidentally make more come out. The goal for now is to not touch it, wash it or brush it cause it may create large patches.  Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Maybe I should take a vote.  Let me know if I should:
A) Shave it again
B) Let what I have stay and whatever falls out thins out my hair (and hopefully only makes me look like I have male pattern baldness or random bald patches in various areas that later when the other hair grows out I can hide with comb over patches)
I'm leaning towards B.  I didn't enjoy looking like Telly Savalas and I don't want to do it again if I don't have to!

Currently, I am researching rentals in East Hampton for August through Labor Day.  This is going to be my "something to look forward to"...after chemotherapy, after surgery, after radiation, after reconstruction.  I freaking deserve a vacation after all this junk.  Stupid cancer.  A relaxing time where we can enjoy clam bakes on the beach, meditation by the pool, Abby running in the ocean, Leo slobbering and eating sand, and shopping and dinners with friends and family.  Nirvana.

I am close to making up my mind about surgery.  I left a message for Dr. Hayden today.  I want to make sure that Dr. Chung's numbers on lymphedema are as low as Dr. Guiliano.  I love the idea of having an amazing team of female surgeons but I want to protect my chances of not developing lymphedema.  That really scares me.  I do like the fact that Dr. Chung is accessible.  I emailed her last week and she got back to me the next day. Dr. Hayden has full confidence in her ability and talent so I want to understand her experience a little better.  So the plan will be mastectomy of the left breast. Begin reconstruction at the same time with expander.  Pump up the expander during the four weeks of recovery before radiation. Then radiation for 4-6 weeks.  Recover (not sure the time period of that recovery before the final reconstruction surgery. That surgery will be to remove expander and insert implant and at the same time reduce and lift the right best to aesthetically match the left. Whew.

OMG, do not like Jennifer's eye make-up tonight. But HELLO Steven Tyler, he looks like a caveman island chief in that leopard print outfit with his shark earrings and ivory necklaces. Ooga Booga!  Still the man can do no wrong. Am I right?  Competition tonight is fierce. Such a great show. Too bad I can never watch it all the way through in time to vote for anyone. This is the first time I actually get to watch it live....but I bet I won't make it up all the way through.  Yaaawwwwnnnn.

Nightly night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment