Saturday, January 8, 2011

Scans

My scans have now been moved to Thursday and Friday of next week.  Thursday is PET/CT and Friday is Brain MRI and the Bone Scan. I get a few more days to nurse Leo. I was giving him a bottle today and I know that everyone keeps telling me that I can bond with him just the same that way (which in some ways is true) but it doesn't feel the same to me at all.  I love how much they snuggle into you when you are nursing.  Well.......a few more days and I won't have to worry about that anymore. I am thankful to be able to do it at all, right?!?!  Plus Thursday and Friday nights I can't even be here since I'll be radioactive.  Nice.  Christel asked me if I'll be glow in the dark.  Anything is possible!! At the end of next week it is time to get down to business.  Seriously.  I am not taking this lightly.

I am going to pump myself up to stay strong. stay positive. be a fighter. look towards the future.

Immediate goals:

Spend as much time and energy with the babies (number one priority)!!! (By the way, Abby is occupying all my time lately and she is loving it. We have been going to her morning classes and since I'm not pregnant (and not doing any treatment right now) I have much more energy to focus on her.  Otherwise all I here is "no Leo, no Leo, no Leo"...so since Leo doesn't know the difference, except for those times when I have to check out to sit there and nurse him (benefits are two fold to that), Abby gets to have her mommy. Seems to be working just great for her. She is being such a love bug too.)

Go Vegan (or pesca-chicka-tarian, still doing the research on that one).

Yoga, Pilates and Walking!  At the end of the month I get the "all clear" to start yoga and pilates again.  Woo hoo!  (Oh and speaking of walking I want to do the Susan G. Komen 3day walk in either San Francisco or San Diego towards the end of the year.  Any takers?)

2 comments:

  1. Thought this would be interesting for you: http://www.sporkfoods.com/
    They have classes, do catering, and will also come to your house, assess your pantry, teach you vegan cooking, etc.
    When is the SF walk???
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,
    I saw your post over at Milkshare and I just had to come by and give you a virtual hug. I also have cancer (liposarcoma) and noticed the lump in my leg while pregnant and on bed rest with my baby boy, although I did not receive my diagnosis until recently (approx. a year later). I will be weaning my son and starting radiation within the next week or two. Having nursed my older two until they self-weaned this is an emotionally challenging task for me to even consider, but I know that it's best for all of my children in the long run.

    I wish you luck and health in your journey and know that you are very much not alone.
    Best,
    -Corrie

    ReplyDelete