Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm in a glass case...of emotion

Thank you Ron Burgundy.  That pretty much sums it up for me most of the time lately. Dealing with cancer can be incredibly isolating. 

I thought about Kris Carr, the woman who is behind the "Crazy Sexy Cancer" documentary and line of books and I surmised that she didn't have as much to deal with as I do...a toddler, a newborn and cancer so she could do her alternative research, her yoga, her detox retreats, her work, etc. but still I wouldn't trade places with her in a million trillion years. First of all because I love my babies. That trumps all.  Second, because she couldn't and can't get treatment for her cancer.  All she can do is LIVE with cancer.  I can treat mine, as grueling as it is, and live to be cancer free.  That's what I need to be thankful for.  Lemonade out of lemons people.

Life is fucking hard right now but I'm keeping "it" together as much as I can!

1 comment:

  1. If cancer is Goliath, then you are David. Although it wasn't easy, remember who won in the end.

    ReplyDelete