Wednesday, May 7, 2014

All Aboard!! Toot Toot.

First of all, Friday's scans showed stability and even some shrinkage. I don't have the report but both Dr. McAndrew and my RN Paige seemed both surprised and relieved. SO I'M HAPPY!!

Furthermore, after two days of calling and pushing the appeals department at my insurance company they notified me this morning that they are APPROVING the Y90 radio-embolization procedure!!  GOOD NEWS!!

Things are now in a rapid fire process…tomorrow pre-ops and Friday will be the angiogram/mapping procedure. I am told that is an all day process. I don't know the time or any other further details. The RN Becky told me that once the mapping is complete and analyzed then I usually go in for the actual procedure two weeks later! Not sure if that means I continue chemo in the meantime or not. More details to come...

SUCK ON THAT LIVER TUMORS.

JAI GANESH!!!
I went to this random "timeless symbols" kiosk in Santa Monica after my therapist yesterday because I saw they had dream catchers and I wanted another one for Abby. She had a random bad dream over the weekend but I digress. They also had beautiful mala beads and I was attracted to the lotus root beads, red coral beads and ebony beads so I ask the woman in the shop what they mean. Then we had a whole conversation on my life and my issues, she wasn't shy and was very direct about her investigation…She said I needed to be vegan again among other pieces of advice I didn't necessarily ask for yet didn't have the energy to politely walk away from; as David calls "the art of the dismount". Anyway, I kept chatting her up because I couldn't dismount but I was also very fascinated with the meanings and symbols. She made me a small necklace on a red string with two pure coral beads, that she said were very important and special. She also gave me a card with the Hindu elephant god - Ganesh and told me to say a mantra of "Jai" (victory) Ganesh (the elephant god). He is the god of success and the remover of obstacles. Coincidence that the next morning I got the call from the insurance company for the approval???
JAI GANESH!!!

BE GONE CANCER. YOU ARE MESSING WITH WONDER WOMAN.

My therapist told me about the coolest study ever. Do you want to be less stressed and more successful?  Reciting positive affirmations aren't the key. You also have to change your body language. If you want to be confident and take charge then take a stance like Wonder Woman. This is no JOKE. It's hysterical but completely legit. Read about it for yourself: Body Language Research Study and then watch Amy Cuddy's 20-minute TED talk.

YOU ARE WELCOME.



1 comment: