Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Plugging along...

Everything is status quo, that is to say status quo in the new normal.  I went to Tower yesterday and my blood counts were good. Good enough that I didn't need to get the "shot" - yeah!! But not good enough to be willy nilly, she said I am still in a fragile state.  Meaning, I shouldn't be taking Abby to toddler group and whatnot considering my counts are still low.  Too late.  I took Abby to Sunshine toddler group Monday and loved it.  She was being such a doll in class. I loved seeing her that way.  She is growing up so fast.  I freaked out a little when I saw a kid with a runny nose. We immediately sani-wiped our hands and I kept her away from the kid.  Just a precaution.

Leo is being so lovable.  He has been fussy lately and then we discover he just wants to be with his momma.  The fact that he knows who I am and that he needs me is the best feeling on earth.  I hardly get to spend time with the little tyke.  I have to "steal" moments away with him from Abby since she still has her jealous moments from time to time.  For instance tonight David and I did a little date night and when I got home I was playing with her but Leo started fussing.  The minute I picked him up to sooth him (and he really did, once again, just want momma) she started with her dramatic "crocodile tear" show that she has worked so hard to perfect.  I see an acting career in her future!

I went to acupuncture this morning followed by ballet...Aimee the instructor did her best with combinations of plies, sautees, and releves to ensure that I don't walk tomorrow without some pain. I do want to say that I am proud of myself for being so dedicated with ballet. I am much better now and I even could follow the more complicated routine when we came center today. Bravo!

After ballet I went straight to Dr. Hayden's office to talk details.  It was a little frustrating since the coordinator told me that after she talked to Barbara that she decided she wanted to be there to go over the photos with me.  It makes sense of course since she is the one who can detail the process and results.  I saw a few nonetheless but I will go back next Monday to sit with her and look at more photos.  I was also concerned because when we started to discuss the surgery and date the coordinator started quoting everything for a double mastectomy.  I told her that was incorrect since Dr. Hayden was the one who convinced me to do a unilateral mastectomy with reduction and lift on the other. So we took photos and talked about a few other items and then I rushed home to eat lunch with Abba Zabba. She'll have to revise the quotes and give me final details next week.  I'm just getting anxious about that since the surgery is supposed to be the 18th which is in two freaking weeks.

Here are a few photos that make me smile.  The first is Leo about a month ago...but you can see the progression of his growth. His middle section growth seems to be inversely proportional to the amount of hair on my head.  Ha ha.









No comments:

Post a Comment