Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Quickly before I pass out...

Saw Dr. Funk (after waiting almost 2 hours, ugh) for an exam and ultrasound. She first did the clinical and could feel a large difference in the tumor.  She said at least 1 CM of shrinkage in the horizontal, less obvious shrinkage of the vertical (so imagine my tumor no longer looks like a ball but more like a test tube).  GOOD NEWS!!!!  She said she was very happy.  The other piece of useful information I learned was that the lumpectomy and reconstructive surgery would be done separately.  Did not know that before.

Saw Dr. Tabsh (after waiting another almost 2 hours, ugh) for Peanut's ultrasound.  Peanut is doing great and is a little over 7 lbs now.  Man is he squished in the womb though.  Poor guy.  We are on schedule for Friday, the 17th!!!

Talked to Sharon tonight who pointed out that since I may be doing the lumpectomy and reconstruction separately perhaps I could delay the second surgery and return to breastfeeding... Will need to discuss that option with Dr. Gordon and Dr. McAndrew.  Very interesting.  Also, she helped ease some of those fears I am having about treatment post-pregnancy.  She's awesome.

After the doc appointments came home to interview four nanny candidates.  Two of them were very strong.  Two more tomorrow and then I want to do the trial days and hire someone to start next week.  My mom is helping out the rest of the week, bless her, so that I have full coverage!!!  Woo hoo!!

Ducks are starting to gather again my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment