Friday, July 1, 2011

Life is a Z o o...

I finally took Abby to the zoo. YAY!!! (I can get rid of that mother guilt I've put on myself for wanting to take her but not being able to as of yet).  It worked out perfectly.  They moved my radiation to 7:15 because they were having a meeting so I was done by 7:30.  Had breafkast with Abby, made my power green smoothie, my mom made our lunches, packed our crap, er I mean, gear in the car and was ready to go.  Out the door by 9:15 to arrive at the zoo promptly by 10AM when it opened.  We met my friend Leigh and her twin boys, Oliver and Noah for our special trip!!

Thanks to a good friend from high school, Thomas, we had an exciting day planned at the zoo and it was all totally comp'd; Super V I Cheese. Thomas works at the LA Zoo and had two surprises in store for all of us.  A seal feed and a giraffe feed!!!  Abby's never been before and I haven't been since I was in elementary school. This was the most amazing way to see the animals, going behind the scenes to see how the zookeepers operate. Pretty snazzy.

Abby, aka Miss Bossy Pants, during the Giraffe feeding kept telling Artemis to walk.  "Walk Giraffe, Walk!!" And so he did. What a sight. I can't wait to stay at Giraffe Manor some day. African safari we are so there!!

After the feedings we walked around the zoo. We saw the orangutans, flamingos, meerkats, and then stopped to eat lunch at the stadium steps overlooking the chimpanzees. We all really enjoyed that too.  (Mental note - I am laughing at Leigh changing Oliver's diapers on the steps...hilarious!!!)

Thank you Thomas for the most amazing day!!

Here is Abby feeding the Giraffe named Artemis, he is 19 feet tall:


Here is another of my kiss from Mira the seal, it was really cool. Literally, cool, the water they live in is 60 degrees, but it felt awesome:


And finally, here we both are telling Mira to spin, jump up, and wave bye bye. The funniest thing is in another video when Abby first saw the seal "slinking" out of the water bouncing on it's belly, she screamed with glee and said "LIZARD!"





Today was radiation number what? 18?  Oh, I 'm getting close to half way being done!  I get a break on Monday for the Fourth of July which will be very nice and very much needed.  This morning after radiation I was so sleepy driving home. I got home and went to bed and could not get out of bed for three straight hours.  I don't know if it was the zoo or radiation but it didn't matter.  What an amazing day creating memories with Abby and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment