Friday, July 22, 2011

Almost there!

They are radiating the shit out of my skin. I am using - Aquaphor every night slathered all over, aloe vera gel, aloe vera plant (this is the best), calendula gel, and 2.5% prescription hydrocortisone.  The doctors and the technicians are all amazed by my how "well" my skin is holding up (even though I feel its pretty gnarly).  It's now pretty red and sunburned though...they say to keep doing what I'm doing because it is working (otherwise I would have been really burned early on).  Oh that and my green smoothie every morning with Glutamine and Mangosteen...

Agi was back as of Tuesday, phew.

Still feeling the three T's - toasty, tired and tight.

Monday is my last day of radiation and it can't come soon enough.  I just want to put this behind me and start to feel better.  I've decided I am STILL going to do the Avon Walk in Santa Barbara.  It will give me something to train for and I always do better when I train for something.

I'm waiting to hear from Dr. McAndrew if I have to continue with the Xeloda after I stop radiation...if I get to stop that will help me get better so much faster.  My blood has taken a beating and it needs to heal too.

Harry Potter this weekend if I rest enough first.

Abby and Leo are delicious.  Abby is loving her Bee Planet drop off program.  She actually WANTED to go this week and after I dropped her off she gave me a kiss and said "bye Mommy"!!!  Made me sad because I know she's growing up.  So I went home and snuggled with my big boy Leo.  Oh, he is just the most yummy, kissable, squeezable, happy, mellow baby.  I love them both.

2 comments:

  1. Yippee almost done, so sad I missed this blog for almost a year, but glad to be here for ya now. I love aloe Vera plant. Anika fell the other day at the zoo and her knee took a bash. We walked right by this little garden & my mom was there too. I said mom, see if u can steal some aloe! Haha we did Anika Thoth it was awesome and kept putting it on her knee over and over. I Thoth, what will I say if the zoo police catch me? Screw u, look at my kiddo here in tears and this plant is medicine u going to take medicine away from my kid? Hahaha. Love u girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the STRONGEST person with everything you are going through. GOOD thing for MOM lol and she wouldn't ever put you on the spot and David is doing great with the situation. I say a prayer for you every night. Long hard road but you're strong and will make it. Ooops forgot about Abby and Leo, The way you talk about them they are doing great and makes me think they know in ways that things are different but they accept it all) Just like my little Ryan, He knows PaPa gone but he still says i luv you PaPa when ever he sees his pictures and he only 2 so see they do understand more than we think they do. ONE more day for you BEST of luck.

    ReplyDelete