Sunday, May 22, 2011

Counting my blessings

I just had a moment 15 minutes ago where I was looking over at the baby monitor checking on Abby while she was napping and felt so very blessed. I am so blessed to have this wonderful family.  An amazing, supportive husband and two beautiful babies. My heart is so full. I think people hope for a life like this. I know I did for a very long time.  Despite having cancer I have been very blessed in this lifetime.  I am starting to understand more now about God giving you only what you can handle.  I wasn't able to understand it before because I was still so angry.  I feel that God wants me to be a beacon for SIDS and for breast cancer. If I am able to help others who have been affected by either of these traumas then I know I am doing honorable work. Then I know my life has a more wonderful purpose than the rewarding role of being a mother and wife.  Cancer you will not break me, cancer you will die and I will live. I will live a bigger, more passionate, more fulfilling life and you will be dead and gone.

 

2 comments:

  1. Reading this made me smile. What a beautiful heart. Just by your sharing through this blog you are already blessing others. You will no doubt be a brightly shining guiding light for others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica,

    It's touching to read your thoughts about what you are going through. I've always admired you and continue to do so. You're a brave, strong, beautiful soul and you have a beautiful family.

    Love in PKE,
    Jane (Ra) Roberts

    ReplyDelete