Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Looking brighter

Finally, some good news.  Dr. Hayden said my skin looks to be healing.  It's still bruised in parts but she feels that underneath it is healing and happy and will eventually push out and replace the bruised part.  Oh yeah.  Happy dance!

Second, she says that I do not need to be worried about inflating the expander prior to radiation.  She wants my skin graft and incision scar to fully heal before we pump up it up.  Not to worry about timing she said if the radiation oncologist (I'm meeting my first at St. John's on Tuesday morning) wants me to start the radiation mapping process sooner (4 weeks post surgery rather than letting me wait until 6 weeks post surgery) that it will be okay.  Barbara says we did the hardest part already which was creating a "pocket" for the final implant under the chest wall muscle and using the flex HD.  Apparently we can go up two cup sizes even after radiation.  I was under the wrong impression.  Good news.

I feel so elated. I feel like I can breathe easier. I feel much more relaxed now.  Today I am taking the day off, no doctor appointments, no visitors, just chill time.  Tomorrow I have my echocardiogram at St. John's, fingers crossed that they figure out how to do it and not go anywhere near my incision scar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment