Monday, January 23, 2012

Surgery 2 of 3

The next phase of surgery will take out the rock-like expander and insert the silicon implant, she will also reduce and lift my left breast to match the other. I will go in looking like a Picasso experiment and come out with two perky young lady boobs. I haven't had those since I was a teenager. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Plus I talked to the coordinator and our new insurance allows for the surgery at Dr. Hayden's center. That means no red tape dealing with the hospital and their schedulers. That means I can do my surgery as soon as February 7th. When I first heard that I freaked out. So soon? But yes, I want this stupid expander out of me ASAP. I've put the pedal to the metal and booked that date. My surgery will be Tuesday, February 7th. Oh boy. I'll spend two nights at Serenity following the surgery and then head home. Apparently this recovery shouldn't be as bad as the last one. Well I should hope not since my body and blood were so weak at that time from child birth and chemotherapy.  Let's plan on this surgery being a walk in the park compared to the nightmare of last surgery.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment