Monday, March 17, 2014

Forging ahead

Brain MRI was normal I found out on Wednesday. I started my fast Tuesday morning and it was fine. Hunger was my constant companion all week and it was a little daily reminder that I am doing all that I can to beat this disease. I found a way to incorporate Dr. Conklin's many, many supplements. I replaced half of the L-nutra energy bar with his Klean Athlete protein powder in the mornings. I even added in a kombucha drink (in addition to my normal probiotics) that had lemon and cayenne to help with cleansing my organs during the fast. Had another infusion on Friday. Counts were borderline but I'm pushing through. Will check in again on Wednesday to see how my counts are because I may need a neupogen or neulasta shot to boost my counts to continue treatment on Friday. The cold is lingering. It's mostly just a mild cough here and there. Who knows what is going on with the salmonella thing. I don't have any feedback from the most recent samples. I should know next week. I need to keep pushing through so I can take a spring break vacation and continue with the last session of the third cycle the Friday I return April 4th. I need to be resting more but I haven't found it in me. I just find myself wanting to live life to the fullest instead of slowing down. I know this is a fine line to walk. I promise I will rest in a little bit. As soon as I am back from a little adult trip with the husband.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment