Saturday, November 26, 2011

Just Diagnosed?

If you have just been diagnosed I want you to know that I am here if you want to talk. At first hearing the words "you have cancer" turns your world upside down and inside out. I look back over the past year and realize that there have been some major lows and I was scared for a good, long part of that year but being on the other side now I feel I can tell you that you will get through this (and I'm still not entirely done with all my milestones).

Your life will be forever changed. I know mine is. I had breast cancer. Everything is different (physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually) yet many things are the same. You can't control that you have cancer but you can control how you respond to it, treat it, and move forward.

You can email me by clicking on the "email" photo.  I look forward to hearing from you and if I don't please know that there are many people who you can turn to for support. Your family and friends will be there for you. I found that I leaned on other cancer survivors the most though when times got tough; they truly understood what I was going through. There are also free cancer support groups, check out the cancer support community in your area and online cancer forums (just take many websites with a grain of salt, an open mind, and a list to write questions to ask your oncologist, there is a ton of misleading information out there).

Thank you for listening and reading. I wish you comfort and ease on your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment