Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Flaming out...

Dr. Moulder said I should start Xeloda right away as a stop gap treatment until I get the results from the repeat liver biopsy. She had me repeat the CT scan because she wanted to confirm that nothing has changed since the PET/CT I completed in October.  She made it sound urgent to start the pills. Now it is crickets and I can't get in touch with her. Every breast oncologist in the nation (practically) was at the San Antonio breast conference last week. And now it is almost two weeks since I had that meeting with her. I am getting frustrated. So far the best news I've heard is that my brain MRI was clear. I am still waiting to hear about the CT scan and the treatment plan. MD Anderson is completely high tech. Everything, all my medical reports, including physician's clinic notes are online and accessible to me. Nothing is off limits or filed away. I like that. I also see that my chest x-ray came back completely normal as well. My blood work shows however that my tumor markers are still creeping higher. And that is why I want to get started on this Xeloda immediately...what is taking so freaking long?!?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment